The 2019 season will open September 1st with USAW Membership!
1. Visit: www.usawmembership.com and Create Free Account.
2. Follow prompts to Create Free Account.
3. Claim your previous profile or if your new create a profile.
4. You may claim as many profiles as needed for your family (you do not need to claim all wrestlers in your club, as they will reside in the club info already)
5. To renew any cards under your profile go to Memberships
6. COACHES-Complete Safe Sport Certification REQUIREMENT FROM USAW-this is a 90 minute tutorial video that is required to complete before renewing your Wrestling Leader membership. Make sure to allow plenty of time to complete this safe guard for our coaches and athletes in Indiana. USAW membership will prompt you to online link. Three modules will appear on dashboard 1. Mandatory Reporting 2. Sexual Misconduct Awareness Education 3.Emotional & Physical Misconduct. These three modules must be completed in order to receive Safe Sport Certification.
9. After completing your Safe Sport and verifying your background check with NCSI your ready to purchase your Wrestling Leader membership.
10. Select Wrestling Leader Membership and purchase.
Coaches remember background checks with USAW are good for 2 years. If you purchased a TCLogic background check in the 2016 season you will need to renew with the new company NCSI. If you purchased your 2 year background check in the 2017 season you will not need to renew with NCSI until next season.
Membership Year: September 1 through August 31
The ISWA is proud to partner with USA Wrestling. When you register for a membership through USAW as an athlete or Wrestling Leader, the ISWA will help you stay connected with all thaat Indiana State Wrestling Association is doing and USAW News. The ISWA will be celebrating its 41st anniversary of serving the Indiana wrestling community this upcoming season. The ISWA is a non-profit organization that's goal is to make improvements and growth in countless areas for Indiana Wrestling. Scholarships, Regional Training Centers, Coaches Clinics, Officials Clinics, Cultural Exchange and national competition opportunities with Team Indiana trips are just a few of the benefits of becoming a member. ISWA/USAW membership provides members with liability coverage. More information can be found below.
USA Wrestling is the National Governing Body for the Sport of Wrestling in the United States and, as such, is its representative to the United States Olympic Committee. Simply, USA Wrestling is the central organization that coordinates amateur wrestling programs in the nation and works to create interest and participation in these programs.
The many programs and activities conducted by USA Wrestling or the thousands of chartered clubs, provide opportunities for youth and adults alike to gain an understanding and appreciation for the international styles of wrestling, freestyle and Greco-Roman, and folkstyle (scholastic and collegiate) which is the style practiced at high schools and colleges across the country.
USA Wrestling has more than 237,520 members. These members include athletes of all ages, coaches, officials, parents and fans striving together to strengthen the sport. Part of USA Wrestling's mission is to foster grassroots development for the sport.
Each year, USA Wrestling charters over 6,814 wrestling clubs and sanctions over 2100 local, state, regional and national competitions. These opportunities and more are just a small part of the exciting world of USA Wrestling.
Members of the World-leading USA Wrestling Family enjoy many of the following benefits:
1. Participation in Local, Regional, and National Competitions.
2. Four levels of Coaches Certification.
3. The opportunity to travel abroad with Developmental Tours for Cadet, Junior, Women, University and Senior level athletes.
4. Educational videos and written materials.
5. Regional and National Training and Developmental Camps for Youth through Senior-level athletes.
6. Free subscription to USA Wrestler/WIN Magazine Edition, the official publication of USA Wrestling. Members also have the option to purchase an additional 6 issues of WIN Magazine, at a discounted rate of $18, to be delivered in the off-months of USA Wrestler/WIN Magazine Edition.
7. Free subscription to USA Wrestling’s newsletter, which is sent electronically bi-weekly
8. Discounts on USA Wrestling Merchandise.
ISWA State Coach
TC Logic Phone : 877-825-6447 ext. 701.
Click below to print USAW Insurance Claim Form. Contact USAW directly if you have claim questions (719)598-8181.
USAW will be launching a new membership replacing USAW coach/official membership. The "Wrestling Leader" membership will replace the formerly known coaches and officials membership. The price will be $44.75 and will become available on September 1, 2018. The requirements will remain the same with completing Safe Sport certification and a two year background check.
For the latest information on this upcoming season please be sure to attend the annual meeting at Lawrence North HS Cafe' starting at 9 am September 9th, 2018.
How to Renew or purchase a Wrestling Leader Membership after Sept. 1, 2018!
Purchasing a Wrestling Leader membership
1. Log onto www.usawmembership.com
2. First time users will create a free account and claim usaw profile (name and DOB or USAW number). Once you search for your profile it will appear at the bottom of the screen. Select profile by clicking on name.
3. Next select membership at the top of the screen. When you go to renew your membership you will be prompted to complete Safe Sport and or a background check if necessary. Add this to your cart for free. This is a requirement with USAW. This is a free 90 minute online course. This certification will be added to your USAW account in order to renew your membership. Once the certification is added to your profile you will then be able to renew or purchase your Wrestling Leader membership. Please note that a two year background check is required to purchase or renew membership. USAWmembership will prompt member to begin background check with NCSI if necessary. Those members who purchased a two year background check with TCLogic in the 2016 season will be required to renew a background check. Those members who purchased a background check with TCLogic in the 2017 season will not have to complete the new screening until next season.
USA Wrestling’s National Coaches Education Program is a multi-tiered educational program for excellence in coaching the sport of wrestling. It is designed to be an integral component of USA Wrestling’s mission to possess the most powerful and comprehensive wrestling program in the world. USAW offers four levels of certification.
Copper Level Certification-The NCEP Copper level is designed for the beginning coach or wrestler’s parent. The intent is to help USAW volunteers to provide a fun and safe atmosphere for young wrestlers. It consists of a 2 to 4 hour clinic. A Copper certified NCEP Coaches card is issued upon successful completion. Note: All coaches must be minimum Copper certified in order to be at matside and coach at all ISWA State Final events.
In addition, all coaches must hold a minimum Copper certification and a current USA Wrestling Coach’s membership card in order to be at matside to coach at all USA Wrestling Kid’s (Bantam/Schoolboy) regional or national event
Bronze Level Certification-The Bronze level clinic is a comprehensive education program for wrestling coaches who are committed to expanding their knowledge in the art and science of the coaching of wrestling. It is the first of a three part advanced coaching education program with the ensuing two parts being Silver and Gold level certification. It consists of a6 hour clinic and includes USA Wrestling’s Coaches Guide to Excellence, a Certificate of Bronze certification, a Bronze level certified NCEP Coaches card, and a Bronze level Coaches shirt is issued upon successful completion. Note: All coaches must be minimum Bronze certified and hold a current USA Wrestling Leader membership card in order to be at matside and coach during any USA Wrestling Cadet and Junior regional or national event. Cost is $50.
There will be a new process for coaches wanting to purchase the bronze online course:
1. Create an account in the new system
2. Create or Claim your profile with USAW number or Name/DOB.
3. Purchase a Wrestling Leader Membership under Membership tab. (formerly known as coach/official membership). Please note a background check and Safe Sport certification is required.
4. Click on the membership you want to purchase a bronze online course for (or copper once available)
5. The course link will be automatically send to you within one hour of your purchase